Saturday, July 18, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

Okay, being the organized-planner freak that I am (but don’t always want to admit), I thought every day this summer we would be out doing ‘something’…like the pool, or the zoo, or the park to keep my very active kids busy. Well, lately that something has simply been staying around the house as the kids just want to play with the neighborhood kids. They go next door and have races down the neighbor’s driveway or the other neighbor’s backyard to play baseball or jump on the trampoline. Inevitably, all of our bikes, strollers, and anything that moves ends up out of our garage and over at a neighbors, with all the other kids ‘stuff’. Eventually one of the parents breaks out the Popsicles and the kiddos are happy. I must say it really has been nice to just relax and enjoy the summer with the kids without having something planned every day!

Oh, and the weather has been delightful! In the mid-70’s with no humidity and a lovely breeze. Perfecting camping weather and if I was brave enough (which I am not yet!) I’d take the kids camping outdoors for the first time. About the only downfall of this cooler weather makes going to the pool unattractive. Oh, well.

And the best part of summer is sleeping in….the kids have actually been sleeping in till well after 8AM!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luke starts Kindergarten in just over 3 weeks….YIKES….our routine has gone out the window with the cool, summer breeze, but we are thoroughly enjoying our lazy days of summer!!



Luke at the Splash Island in Plainfield.

Miss Kate dressed up in her princess dress and crown.


Oh, I must add that earlier this week we were able to go out to the Triangle house for a couple of days, mid-week. Something we never got to do before. Oh, the lake is wonderful to be at when no one else is there. And I must boast- I got the boat started all by myself. The kids and I took a boat ride, went swimming and I even got it docked without any major damage. The only mishap was trying to get Buddie back on the boat after we all went swimming. Even with a life jacket on with handles on the top to help lift him back in the boat, I simply could not get him back on the boat (in my defense he is on the hefty side!) I ended up driving the boat to shore while he swam next to the boat and was able to get him back on the boat. Whew!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute pic of Kate! I love the lazy days of summer too! I wish it would last forever.

    ReplyDelete