Sunday, July 12, 2009

STL 2009

Finally made it out to STL like we have been planning for some time. I forgot how much I love STL (I used to spend a lot of time there when I was in college since it was about an hour away and it was the closest BIG city to Jacksonville).

The timing of the trip purposely coincided with my friend Alison’s visit to STL to visit her family (she grew up there, but now lives in Hudson, OH with her DH Bill, who was the best man in our wedding). We got to hang out at Alison’s parents house and go swimming in her pool …the kids want to go back and swim in her BIG pool soon!

Then we went to the STL zoo for a day. We met up with a dear friend of mine from college, Angie, who is performs the Sea Lion show (and at no request of Angie, since she is probably one of the most humble human beings I know, you MUST see this show if you go to the STL Zoo…..it is awesome!). After the show we got to meet Benny the Sea Lion. The STL Zoo itself is really top notch and so big we only saw part of it in one day. Which is okay, just an excuse to go back again to see the rest and see Angie and Benny!!

The third and last day we were there, we went to Grant’s Farm. For those history buffs, Uyless S Grant married into the Anhieser-Busch family (who founded Budweiser beer) and retired to a farm west of STL. The highlight of the visit was seeing the Clydesdale's (at least for me!) Then we headed back to Indy so I could get caught up on my school work!!

Luke having fun in Alison's pool

Luke making a Sting Ray and Kate making a Andean Bear at the Build-A-Bear store in the STL Zoo. (I really need to see if this company has gone public and if so, I need to buy some stock in it!!)


On the Train ride at the STL Zoo.



Angie and Benny after the show. What a job....getting kisses from Sea Lions every day!?!


The three of us in front of Benny after the show.

Kate trying on a pink cowgirl hat at Grant's Farm.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, that last pic of Kate in the cowboy hat is awesome!! And I'm so glad you had an enjoyable trip. it sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete