Friday, March 19, 2010

Random thoughts here....

 Just some random thoughts I'd like to share.

These past few weeks have been a little nerve racking with my Mom being in the hospital.  She has colitis and had a severe inflmation/flare up that put her in the hospital for 20 days!  On top of that, an old bladder problem was giving her issues, but luckily she got that fixed.  Her health conditon was never critical, but stll scary.  Luckily I had a weekend off from school, so the kids and I went up there to see her.  I think seeing the kids really lifted her spirits.  And while visiting her in the hospital, the kids drew her numerous pictures to hand on the wall of her hospital room.

Which leads me to Ms. Kate.  Every day since we have been back, she has made something for Nana (usually a rainbow or fireworks) out of construction paper.  She then goes gets an envelope, has me address it, and SHE puts the stamp on along with some stickers.  Kate has now moved on to making things for her best friend Gracie who is moving.  Yesterday she made a picture for the sitter Nikki and put in the envelope some perfume.  Today she made a picture for "Baby" Jake who goes to Nikki's and put a little pet figurine (Nikki: If you are reading this, I won't be mailing it!  I'll bring it next week!).  It is so wonderful to see what a good heart Kate has.  She is always thinking of other people and the little things that will make them happy.

Then tonight, we were all watching the movie "The Princess and the Frog".  Kate fell asleep early on since she did not have a nap today (luckily she had already seen it).  So Luke and I were watching it.  At the end of the movie, he said that if he ever had to go see someone get married, he would bring his DSi so he did have to watch the kissing.  Then he said that he hoped I would catch the flowers from the bride so I could get married next. (Note: As far as I know, NO plans to go to a wedding any time soon that the kids would be going with, but I do have a few I may go to....)  Anyway, I asked why he wanted me to catch the flowers, and  he said "So you can get married again and we can get a new Daddy."   What a punch to the gut that was while trying to explain that he already has a Daddy.....

1 comment:

  1. Woah, that's some pretty heavy stuff.
    The last part about what Luke said seems a little hard to hear/talk about/ deal with... but from his persepctive I bet he's not thinking of "replacing" Mark. Just having someone to fill the role of Dad for him like Mark used to do. I'm sure, even at his young age, he misses that relationship. Kind of makes you stop and think, eh?
    I know that's probably the last thing on your mind, but it's obviously a concern for him. You have a very sweet boy, Jeri.

    ReplyDelete