Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I have to admit, this whole being able to "stay at home more" with the kiddos is going much better than I thought it ever could (a little nervous they would drive me insane by day three)....maybe since it is summer time and we are free to enjoy the beautiful weather....but I really think it is all the stress that I left behind in that Allstate parking lot when I drove my car away from there for the last time. Now, don't get me wrong, I made some dear friends there and Allstate was really good to me given all that I have been through....but the job was very, very stressful ...and sure the salary was good and the 'benefits' were good.... but I have learnd too much stress is not worth any amount of money.

This afternoon our neighbors invited us over for an impromptu water party that consisted of a slip and slide and our alligator pool. They kids truly enjoyed themselves and I was glad to see that. I was smiling on the outside and inside as I knew that if I was at work, I would not have been able to enjoy this moment with them. Seeing them be care-free and enjoying themselves in the summer, as kids should, and I was there to see it, not sitting behind some desk and computer.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, and amen! Being home and spending time with your kids is more important than any salary or benefits. I'm so glad you have this opportunity to be wit them more. :)

    Also, I think the blog turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete