Friday, June 19, 2009

Thomas the Train

We made our annual trek to see Thomas the Train in Connersville. It was fun as always, but it was in the mid-80's and the humidity felt like it was at 100%. None of us do heat and humidity well, so after the train ride, we did most of the free activities(pony rides, 'pumpkin' train ride and more) then headed back home. Here are some pics.
















The last pic is of a covered bridge that we came upon after having to take a slight detour on the county roads due to the highway being under construction. I believe we were in Rush County at this point. What a wonderful surprise and a great way top of a beautiful day with the kids!




3 comments:

  1. Jeri, I'm very proud of you for being so diligent about blogging now. I really like hearing the little updates. :) This looks like a fun outing. I bet Elijah would LOVE it since he's crazy about trains! Maybe next year we can go too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rush county! You're getting into my family's neck of the woods! I have cousins in Rushville, and we stayed in the Rushville Comfort Inn when we visited last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah: I was totally of thinking of you when I drove through Shelby County wondering where Meltzerville was!!!

    ReplyDelete