Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Luke the Fisherman

To say that Luke loves to fish is an understatement. We found a great little fishing spot at Hummel Park that the water is clear enough you can see the fish from the shore. So we went fishing yesterday and today. Luke woke up this morning and the first thing out of his mouth was "Can we go fishing today??" The weather has finally cooled back down and it has been delightful, espeically with the nice breeze. I grew up spending my summers (and winters) fishing with my Dad. Though I am not as 'brave' as I was when it comes to putting worms on the hooks, I am getting used to it. Luke really started to get into fishing last summer and Mark spent alot of time with him fishing. So I will keep it up and get over dealing with squirmy worms and fish. It has been moments like this, that once again, confirms that I am making the right decision to stay home with the kids right now. I absolutely love to be able to spend quality time with them like this.


Luke with his biggest catch so far at Hummel Park.



Luke in his 'fishing' outfit. He picked it out all by himself. He looks like he going hunting instead of fishing. He said he needed a fishing hat and asked to have one of Daddy's, so I let him have this one since it matches his 'fishing' outfit.


2 comments:

  1. That's so funny! Wasn't he hot in that outfit? I guess kids are all about fashion over comfort, right? :) ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was rather cool this morning, especially with the breeze so he was comfty!

    ReplyDelete