Sunday, June 28, 2009

Luke's BIG catch!!!

Yippie! We finally got the boat in the Lake!! With the help of some friends (Dave and Karen who were our pre-marriage counselors from church and then when Mark started to work for Baxter, Dave and Mark car pooled to Bloomington) along with some strangers (Dave and Karen's neighbor from Plainfield, Jack, who also has a place on Raccoon Lake and Jack's neighbor at the Lake, Bob) we got the boat running and in the water. Oh, the kids were sooo happy! They have been wanting to take a boat ride every time we have gone out there this summer. The weather was wonderful and a nice break from the HOT and humid weather we have been having. We got to go swimming off the boat and the water was nice and comfortable. Even Florida Papa (my FIL) got into the water!!! As we headed over to the swimming beach, Kate fell asleep (I swear that girl can fall asleep anywhere) so Luke had fun swimming and looking for rocks with Papa. I ended up with my first sunburn of the year (that darn spray on sunscreen!)

After getting back to the Triangle house, Luke was begging to go fishing. The only working fishing pole I could find was one that is a toy fishing pole. I did find his tackle box that Car Papa (my Dad) had given him. I was very proud of myself as I was able to get it working and even a hook on it. However, we did not have any bait. We tried some bologna with no luck. Then Dave went looking for worms with no luck, however he did find a beetle. And would you know it, Luke caught a 5 pound Large Mouth Bass which I missed as Kate had to go to up to the house to use the potty!




Luke driving the boat with the help of Dave (I have a picture just like this of Luke driving the boat every year since he was 1).

Papa and Kate walking down to the dock. Kate is carrying her "Rainbow" bear that she made at Build-A-Bear and is currently very attached to.



Dave helping Luke with his 5 pound Large Mouth Bass. This is the first fish Luke has caught on Raccoon Lake!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice weekend. And Good for Luke!! How fun that he caught such a big fish!! :)

    ReplyDelete