Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Month of August

I am going to admidt outright, that I have been dreading this month since Mark died. We have made it through most of the first BIG events without him....Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Luke's birthday, Mark's birthday... some how we made it in one piece.

And pardon me for using a word that I don't let the kids use (not really a cuss word, but not a nice word)....August is going to suck!!

Well, next Monday, the 10th, Luke starts Kindergarten. A milestone for any child....and I will be taking him alone. I remember Mark talking about how when we bought the house we live in, how it will be wonderful to walk the kids to school since we live across the street.

Then on the 18th, it will be our wedding annivesiary. We would be celebrating our 8th. Last year Mark went above and beyond, as it was very special. I got to work to find that he brought roses for me and had a co-worker put them on my desk with the most, romantic card he had given me in long time. He arranged for the kids to go to his sister's that night so we could have a candle light dinner by ourselves at home (take out from Texas Roadhouse, one of my favorites). He got me the most gorgeous patio set for our back deck that I completely surprised me. He also finally got the 'sign-in book' from our wedding framed, which was custom made.

Then the 27th....my birthday...I am no way one of those people who expect a HUGE deal on my birthday, but Mark always got me a cake (from Marsh of course) and that is all I wanted. I am at that age, I don't need a big party or presents, just something simple like a cake.

So please pray for me this month. I will need it. There are days were I feel like I am barely strong enough to keep moving forward and some how have been, but I know this month will challenge me to no end.

I know Mark has been and will be here in spirit, but I still miss HIM so very much.

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be a trying month, but I will still pray for you. Miss you. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for you everyday...for strength, for hope, for perseverance, and that you feel the strong arms of the Lord wrapped around you in every step you take. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ,
    I don't know you but I will pray for you/
    I just stumbled upon your blog and you seem to be coping just nicely. I know the coming month will be tough but one day at a time is all we can do.
    Enjoy the kids and their spirit.

    ReplyDelete