Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Visit to A'Town

Just got back from a visit from good Ol’ Antioch. We were there for 4 days. You would think I would have had enough time to visit everyone I wanted, but as usual, I did not. Though we did not do anything super-duper exciting, it was a really nice visit. Nice and relaxing…just what we needed!

To sum it up, this is what we did: Stopped by the cow place (Fair Oaks Farms) on the way up to get some cheese and milk, had Mr. G’s for dinner (my favorite place to eat when I go to A’town), hung out with Auntie Sha-Sha, went fishing by her house and across the way from the house I grew up in, spent the night at Auntie Sha-sha’s, played with her many kitties, went to Car Papa and Grandma’s, had a yummy lunch along with Oberweis Ice Cream Cake (seriously the best in the world), took naps, went back to Nana’s to play with her kitties and dog, had Orlando’s pizza for dinner (yummy….Indy is really lacking when it comes to good mom-n-pop dinners/food!!), spent the night at Nana’s, went over to Auntie April’s to celebrate cousin Jake and Adam’s birthdays, had Mr. G’s for lunch, went to the park by their house, cousin Jake then came back with us to Nana’s to play with the water/sprinkler, went with Auntie April to Newport FD to check out some fire engines while Kate, myself and Nana went out to eat at Orlando’s (they have the best Baked Mosticolli EVER!!!), played some more with Nana’s animals, got up the next morning to eat Dunkin’ Doughnuts for breakfast, checked out the dinousour exhibit at the Lake County Museum, saw some buffalo (yes, the animal), and FINALLY headed back to Indy!!

And on the way home, there was a 45 min period where Kate, Luke, Buddie and Gilbert were all sleeping….ah, boy did I enjoy the silence!!!

Just getting Luke ready for Kindergarten as he starts in 5 days!?!?

1 comment:

  1. I say NO to starting school so early!!! no no no.

    Anyway, sounds like good times. :) I'm glad for you.

    ReplyDelete