Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Month of November....

Sorry I haven’t posted much on here lately. Partly due to being EXTEREMLY busy, especially now that I have started the ‘field experience’ portion of my schooling. So on top of the time I normally volunteer in Luke’s classroom, I am going into a separate classroom several times a week to do one-on-one work with a student. I LOVE being in the classroom and the student I have is a 'diamond in the rough'. While this class is very challenging and time consuming, I am learning so much.

Then on top of that, I have been in a funk. Maybe it is due to the fact winter is coming. Maybe it is due to the fact I have made it through the first year and I was on auto pilot. Maybe it is due to the fact the holidays are coming and my auto pilot has stopped working. Maybe it is due to all the family drama that is going on (I’ll spare you the details) that has opened up one on the few wounds I finally had healed from Mark’s death. Maybe it is due to the fact I am trying my best daily to keep things normal for Luke and Kate while trying to find our ‘new’ normal?

Luckily the kids are doing great. They both love going to school and are doing well in school. They love being able to play with the neighbor kids when at home. At this point they have adjusted well, and of course I worry that further down the road, that is when it will be hard for them. And as any mother, I want to prevent any pain and hurt, so I worry about that.

Oh, and on top of that, I had Gilbert (the cat) declawed last week because he has been scratching the kids. Oh, it has not turned out like I imagined at all! Within a couple hours of coming home, he ripped open three of the stitches (surgical glue). I won’t even describe the horrible mess it left all over the house. Of course it was AFTER the Vet was closed, so we made a trip to the East side of Indy to the 24 hour vet….so the declaw bill now doubled after both paws were stitched up. He is actually BACK at the Vet because his paws are still bleeding. At least this overnight visit is ‘free’ of charge…

No comments:

Post a Comment