Monday, November 16, 2009

No Training Wheels!!!

After spending most of the summer trying to convince Luke he could ride his bike without training wheels (when he rode his bike the training wheels were not even touching the ground!!), on this cold, November day, he finally let me take them off....and he was off like he has been riding a bike his whole life! He only fell once but got up and kept going. I am sooooo stinkin' proud of him!!!

I must say this was a rather emotional moment....cheesy, I know....but it is moments like this that I wish Mark was here....I know he is here, but I mean physically here. This is a moment that makes a Daddy (and Mommy) proud. I know my childhood, and Mark's too, was filled with great memories riding our bikes ALL the time and all over our neighborhood's.. It is just one of those rites of passages of childhood.....

Luke riding his bike....Check it out, he is STANDING while he is riding?!?!

1 comment: