Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9.9.09

Okay, I will admit deep down I have a slight fascination with numbers, not the idea of ‘numerology’ itself (a little too wacky for me), but numbers themselves. No, I do not like math, but that numbers (dates specifically) have a meaning. Mark and I had numerous conversations about how we both felt strongly about numbers and the meanings behind them. And I know he would have been very excited about today.

Example: I was born on the 27th. 2+7=9. Thus the number, or a multiple of 9, has always been my lucky number. When I played soccer, I wore either 9 or 18. Mark’s lucky number was 9 (It was a significant number with his fraternity).

We got married on the 18th of August. 8.18.01

Then when we started to have a family, the number 4 became very prominent. All of us have 4 letters in our first and last name.

Sometime after the kids were born I realized again the importance of the number 4 to our family. Kate was born on the 14th and Luke was born on the 22nd. 14 is 4 away from 18 and 22 is 4 away from 18….

One day as I was talking to the grief counselor I see about my little fascination with numbers, he pointed out something very poignant to me that I had totally over looked. The first house Mark and I bought was 1024. The second house (the current one) is 513. If you take the first 2 numbers from the first house and the last two numbers from the current house, you have 10.13….the day Mark died. Hits ya in the gut, huh?

1 comment: