Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to me.....

So I turned the big ol’ 3-4 last week. I think after your 21st birthday, birthdays just aren’t the same! In my humble opinion, as long as there is cake (or some sort of baked item with frosting) involved, then the day is not so bad! Thanks to some wonderful friends and my beautiful kiddos I made it through the day! Here is what my birthday consisted of:

  • Woke up to Luke making me breakfast- 2 eggos in the toaster and having my Mommy pop (aka Dr. Pepper) poured into a coffee mug for me.
  • When Kate finally woke up they both sang “Happy Birthday” to me
  • At school, Luke ran into the door without looking back…then 10 seconds later he ran back out the door to give me a hug and a kiss…then he said “Happy Birthday Mommy” awwwwwwwww…….
  • I had Jimmy John's for lunch........now that is about enough to make my birthday the bomb alone!!
  • That afternoon, while the kids were playing with the other neighbor kids, Luke told them it was my birthday, so then all the neighbor kids started to sing me “Happy Birthday” awwwwwwwww…..
  • That night, met up with my “Purdue” friends (Amy, Amy, and Katie) and their kiddos at Chick-Fil-a to celebrate my birthday….and there was Marsh cake involved!! I don't think the Chick-Fil-a in Plainfield will ever be the same!!
  • The next day, I met some friends from my old work at El Rodeo (my favorite place to eat). They got me a cake from Marsh too!!! YUMMMMMYYY!!!
  • That weekend we went out to the Triangle house and the kids insisted we have a “Jammie Party” for my birthday….how could I refuse that?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm glad you had a nice birthday. I'm a terrible friend and didn't send a card. I hope you don't hate me. :) I wish I could have been there to help you eat some of that Marsh cake. YUMMY!

    I'm with you... birthdays after 21 just don't count. In fact, I don't care what they say, I'm staying 30 for another 9 years. ok? :)

    ReplyDelete